Thursday, September 18, 2014

Week 10 EOC: Job Evaluation Experience

I've had plenty of performance evaluations and some have been more effective than others. One particular job I've had gave me the most insight into my performance, but it was not regularly administered. My first job performance for this job was administered 3 months into the position. While my boss is not normally intimidating, she was during the evaluation even though she said not to be! She called me into her office and outlined to me what she would be going over. She had me previously outline what goals I wanted for myself and she went over that with me. We also discussed actions I could improve on and what I was doing well. The appraisal is of course, what I enjoyed the most. "In the best appraisal systems, employees learn about those areas in which they excel, which increases their morale and helps reduce turnover" (Hayes and Ninemeier). This is effective because I felt like my work was being recognized and I was appreciated. It is a small business so it is not hard to recognize and appreciate your employees but coming from a large company it was a great change. Overall, I walked out of my evaluation feeling good about the work I was doing and ready to tackle my areas of improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment